The station is located northeast of Charles C. Hughes Stadium on campus. In addition to serving the college this station also serves William Land Park and Curtis Park. This 60-foot (18m) wide station provides bus service, drop-off areas, and walkways to the stadium, campus, and parking lots.
City College was first established in 1984 as a branch of Draughons Junior College. In May 1988,the school added its first branch campus in Gainesville. In Fall of 1989, the school became an independent college and received approval to begin offering its first Associate of Science degrees; it expanded into Bachelor of Science degrees in July 1999.
The second branch of the school, in Miami, began operations in June 1997. In the same year, the Institute of Specialized Training and Management, Inc was approved to offer associate degrees and renamed itself to City College, becoming an Orlando affiliate of the main City College school.
The first anglo-people to live in the area were the Latter Day Saints(Mormons). The Euro-Americans arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in 1847. The area was first staked out by settler Joseph Harker and his family in the area they named as "over Jordan" (referring to the land west of the Jordan River, which runs through the valley).
The Granger area was settled by Welsh Latter-day Saints who had come to Utah with Dan Jones in 1849. Irrigation systems and agriculture were developed in the area, and it was Elias Smith who proposed the area's name on account of its successful farming. At other times high alkali content made farming difficult, but there were enough Latter-day Saints to form a separate Granger Ward in 1884. Granger and vicinity had about 1,000 people in 1930.
The TRAX portion of the station is located at 2750 West Lehman Avenue (3590 South) with the two side platforms being situated immediately south of and parallel to that street. The MAX stop at the station is at 2820 West Lehman Avenue with the rest of the bus stops at 2860 West 3650 South. The free Park and Ride lot, which has 80 spaces, is at 2842 Lehman Avenue and is easily accessible from 3500 South (SR-171) (and the 3500 South/I-215 interchange) by heading south on Market Street (2810 West). The station is in the middle of the partially completed Fairbourne Station development, which includes several West Valley municipal buildings. Further east of the station is the Valley Fair Mall, with a residential neighborhood to the south. The entire intermodal hub is operated by the Utah Transit Authority.